Foundation / Corporation
Fund For Teachers (FFT)
01/31/19 5:00 PM CST
Fellowships of up to $5,000 to USA PreK-12th grade educators and up to $10,000 to educator teams for projects that support professional growth and development. Funding is intended to strengthen the applicants' teaching practice and to assist them in meeting their students’ needs. Grants can be used for an unlimited variety of projects that are designed to create enhanced learning environments for teachers, their students, and their school communities.
GrantWatch ID#: 177420
Individuals: Up to $5,000
Teams: Up to $10,000
Fellowships should begin after the last day of school in the spring and be completed by the first day of school in the fall, with all fellowship related expenditures made by September 12, 2019.
Applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- A full-time PreK-12 grade teacher, curriculum specialist, curriculum head, Special Education coordinator, media specialist/librarian, or other type of educator who spends at least 50% of your time directly teaching students;
- Returning to the classroom in the consecutive school year
- Will have at least three years’ experience as a preK-12th grade teacher at the end of the school year. (Please note: Student and substitute teaching do not count towards the three-year requirement; As long as the applicant has three years’ experience by the time of their fellowship, Fund for Teachers considers them eligible.)
Administrators may not apply, nor may they act as the partner applicant.
Previous recipients must wait for 5 years before reapplying.
Fund for Teachers will not provide monies for:
- Student travel
- The completion of baccalaureate or post baccalaureate degrees, including courses for graduate credit or university, college, or credit hours
- Onsite (or campus) professional development at your school or by the district
- Compensation for substitutes
- Only classroom supplies, such as books, technology, or other materials. There must be a learning experience included.
Any indication of borrowed text will disqualify your application. Additionally, previously awarded proposals may not be resubmitted for consideration.
All applicants must apply online between October 1, 2018 and January 31, 2019 with final submission made by 5 pm CST on Wednesday, January 31, 2019.
The entire application is completed online. Applicants will be notified of the selection committee results by April 4, 2019. Awardees will be required to attend a pre-fellowship Orientation
USA: Alabama; Alaska; Arizona; Arkansas; California; Colorado; Connecticut; Delaware; Florida; Georgia; Hawaii; Idaho; Illinois; Indiana; Iowa; Kansas; Kentucky; Louisiana; Maine; Maryland; Massachusetts; Michigan; Minnesota; Mississippi; Missouri; Montana; Nebraska; Nevada; New Hampshire; New Jersey; New Mexico; New York City; New York; North Carolina; North Dakota; Ohio; Oklahoma; Oregon; Pennsylvania; Rhode Island; South Carolina; South Dakota; Tennessee; Texas; Utah; Vermont; Virginia; Washington, DC; Washington; West Virginia; Wisconsin; Wyoming