Foundation / Corporation
The Latham Foundation
Grants ranging from $5,000 to $10,000 and grants of up to $15,000 to USA, Canada, and International organizations for outreach programs and research that focus on humane education. Funding is intended for projects that have a positive impact on society and that support a message of respect and kindness without advocating for a specific point of view, while respecting others' right to do the same.
There are two main categories of funding:
- Humane Education Outreach Programs
- Research on the Efficacy of Humane Education
Applicants are encouraged to review the hierarchy of human education that Latham Steps memorialize and to show how their proposal supports these principles:
- Kindness to Animals builds compassion and empathy for other living creatures. This is the first and truly foundational step that supports all the other steps above it.
- Kindness to Each Other is another important step, which guides the interaction between people of the same family or social group.
- Kindness to Other People guides the interaction between people of different families or social groups when they meet in a common place.
- Kindness to Our Country encourages national common respect for the laws of one’s own nation, traditions, and political structure.
- Kindness to Other Nations encourages respect for other nations and their unique laws and traditions.
-Kindness to The World shows respect for the whole world, for other nations collectively living their varied lives.
GrantWatch ID#: 184881
Awards will be from $5,000 – $10,000 for a one-year grant and up to $15,000 for a two-year grant.
Grants will be awarded for either one or two years. Receiving a grant does not guarantee a renewal, nor does it prohibit one.
- All Organizations that promote humane education through their outreach programs or that conduct research into the efficacy of humane education are eligible.
- Nonprofit organizations will have priority but grants will not be limited to those who have attained 501(c)(3) status.
- Grants are not to be used for capital campaigns.
- There are no geographical restrictions.
- Latham cautions applicants about applying for funds for salaries, as they do not guarantee grants continuing past the initial grant period.
Submit application by December 28, 2018
Foundation Mission: https://www.latham.org/about/mission-purpose/
How to Apply: https://www.latham.org/grants/deadlines-how-to-apply/
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Online application: https://www.latham.org/grants/application/
The Latham Foundation
1320 Harbor Bay Pkwy
Alameda, CA 94502
USA: Alabama; Alaska; Arizona; Arkansas; California; Colorado; Connecticut; Delaware; Florida; Georgia; Hawaii; Idaho; Illinois; Indiana; Iowa; Kansas; Kentucky; Louisiana; Maine; Maryland; Massachusetts; Michigan; Minnesota; Mississippi; Missouri; Montana; Nebraska; Nevada; New Hampshire; New Jersey; New Mexico; New York City; New York; North Carolina; North Dakota; Ohio; Oklahoma; Oregon; Pennsylvania; Rhode Island; South Carolina; South Dakota; Tennessee; Texas; Utah; Vermont; Virginia; Washington, DC; Washington; West Virginia; Wisconsin; Wyoming
USA Territories: American Samoa (USA) Guam (USA) Puerto Rico (USA) Virgin Islands (USA) Northern Mariana Islands (USA)
USA Compact Free Associations: The Federated States of Micronesia (USA) Marshall Islands (USA) Republic of Palau (USA)
Canada: Alberta British Columbia Manitoba New Brunswick Newfoundland and Labrador Northwest Territories Nova Scotia Nunavut Ontario Prince Edward Island Quebec Saskatchewan Yukon
International country outside of the USA, Israel and Canada.