Foundation / Corporation
Junior League of New Orleans (JLNO) - Community Assistance Fund (CAF)
Grants of up to $20,000 to New Orleans Area, Louisiana nonprofit organizations for programs and projects that focus on advancing the wellbeing of women. Funding will be provided for proposals that benefit women in the following areas: economic opportunity, physical and mental health, and/or family assistance (as outlined below).
- Economic Opportunity – Supporting women’s potential to seize economic opportunities
- Physical and Mental Health – Improving women’s health, allowing them to live healthy and happy lives
- Family Assistance – Providing needed family support to alleviate the burdens on women caregivers
Note: Program effectiveness is an important consideration in the awarding of Community Assistance Fund grants.
GrantWatch ID#: 176720
Community Assistance Fund grant requests may be made for up to $20,000.
- Applicants must be nonprofit, tax exempt agencies (501(c)(3)’s).
- Organizations cannot be considered if they have received funding in the past 12 months.
- Funds must be used within the Greater New Orleans Metropolitan area.
- All grants are subject to contractual agreement with a six month follow up required of organizations who receive Community Assistance Fund awards.
- Requests for Community Assistance Fund grants must be for a specific and stated purpose.
- Grant assistance through this fund must benefit more than just a single individual. The broader the reach that the funding will serve, the better the case for funding.
The Junior League of New Orleans will not fund:
- Out-of-state organizations (unless the request is to serve and benefit persons in the Metropolitan New Orleans)
- Sponsorship of special events
- Religious instruction or teachings
- Political activities
- Travel expenses
- Fundraising donations
- Marketing expenses
- Overhead, including but not limited to salaries, utilities, rent, and taxes
- Contributions to capital fundraising drives
- An agency which has a project currently being funded by the Junior League of New Orleans
Requests for general operating revenues will not be considered unless unusual circumstances exist and a case is made for why these funds are identified as critical or dire needs.
The deadline for submissions is December 28, 2018.
Please Note: Acceptance of a Community Assistance Fund grant will change the status of an organization under consideration for a proposed Community Project partnership. While organizations may apply for both the CAF and a Community Project partnership in the same year, organizations may not be selected for both.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Junior League of
New Orleans Headquarters
4319 Carondelet Street
New Orleans, LA 70115
Tel: (504) 891-5845
USA: Louisiana: Greater New Orleans Metropolitan Area